It is that time of year again and even though fireworks are fun for us, it could be scary for our pets. So here are some tips to keep our pets happy & safe this weekend.
Fun for you…
Scary for pets.
- Provide a hiding place or “safe” place
- Close doors, windows and cat flaps
- Draw the curtains and leave TV or music on
- Ensure pets are microchipped in case they get out and run away
- Try using over the counter sedatives and stress relieving pheromones like Calmex and Feliway
Call in to your local Vet Centre to find ways to help your pet manage stress during this time.
Animal People Community